So I have neglected this blog for an entire year and I have realized, unfortunately, that I miss adventuring. Now while I am stuck on campus finishing off my senior year, there is no reason for life to be boring! So I have decided to pick up this blog again in honor of my favorite type of adventure--cooking!
I love to cook and talk about food so I hope you feel inspired to try some new recipes! Everything here is vegan, sugar-free and absolutely delicious (I promise).
Oh and please email me any time with your adventures (kitchen related or not)! Email me at KarinaHCosta@gmail.com.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

OMG Amazing Vegan Oatmeal Cookies

This is a good. Plain and simple. Probably the best vegan cookie recipe I know. This is based on nothing and is a wholly Karina original.

Vegan Oatmeal Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup + 1 tbs flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup apple sauce
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • chocolate chips (or dice an apple for a just as delicious option)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • Combine all the ingredients and mix well
  • Lightly grease a cookie sheet
  • Scoop about 2 heaping tablespoons of batter for each cookie (makes 8)
  • Stick in the oven for 10-15 minutes (when the top starts to slightly brown you are good to go)
  • Devour until done
Have fun!

No comments: