So I have neglected this blog for an entire year and I have realized, unfortunately, that I miss adventuring. Now while I am stuck on campus finishing off my senior year, there is no reason for life to be boring! So I have decided to pick up this blog again in honor of my favorite type of adventure--cooking!
I love to cook and talk about food so I hope you feel inspired to try some new recipes! Everything here is vegan, sugar-free and absolutely delicious (I promise).
Oh and please email me any time with your adventures (kitchen related or not)! Email me at KarinaHCosta@gmail.com.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

End of the Week Curry Soup

This is what I make when I am running out of fresh produce and everything is about to go. It is basically a high end version of 'Kitchen' only it is so good I get overly excited when I realize I have the stuff to make it. It is inspired from Karina Kitchen's Moroccan Coconut & Chickpea Soup.

End of the Week Curry Soup

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups vegetable broth
  • 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 onion, cut into thin slivers
  • 1 large yam or sweet potato, peeled, diced
  • 1 red pepper, seeded, cored, diced
  • 2 apples, peeled, cored, diced
  • 1 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 15-oz. can beans (chick pea works best, but I've made it with kidney beans)
  • 1 15-oz. can coconut milk
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • A pinch cinnamon, cumin, ginger, and cayenne pepper
  • Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Now throw everything in a pot and cook, covered, over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, about thirty minutes.

Add just before serving:
1 cup packed spinach or greens
Hot red pepper flakes (optional)

Slowly stir while the greens cook down. Now serve!

This works great with some fresh bread or a scoop of thick yogurt. Enjoy!

No comments: