Vegan Protein Bars
- 2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cup raw oats
- 1/2 cup smooth nut butter (I used almond...but peanut butter would work too!)
- 1/2 cup milk substitute (I used almond milk)
- 1/3 cup agave (or honey, maple syrup, etc.)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup each of some fun stuff, ie dried fruit, chocolate chips, diced nuts, anything you want!
- preheat oven on 350F
- cook the quinoa! (about 1/2 cup dried quinoa equals 2 cups, but I also make extra to have for left overs.) Make sure the quinoa is cooked thoroughly and not too wet, otherwise the bars might have a weird texture.
- While the quinoa is cooling, assemble the other ingredients.
- Once the quinoa is cool enough to be handled with your hands, combine the ingredients in a 7x11 baking pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is starting to harden.