So I have neglected this blog for an entire year and I have realized, unfortunately, that I miss adventuring. Now while I am stuck on campus finishing off my senior year, there is no reason for life to be boring! So I have decided to pick up this blog again in honor of my favorite type of adventure--cooking!
I love to cook and talk about food so I hope you feel inspired to try some new recipes! Everything here is vegan, sugar-free and absolutely delicious (I promise).
Oh and please email me any time with your adventures (kitchen related or not)! Email me at KarinaHCosta@gmail.com.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Photos

So finally there are some photos here for you. You can find the links to the albums in the the right hand column. It is only about half of the pictures I have taken since I have been here so there is more, but they probably won't be uploaded.

In looking at the photos I realized that out of 481, only 10 were actually of people. My apologies. The next batch will be better. I also realized that is physically impossible to capture the beautiful of this country. Maybe if you blewup the landscape photos and surround yourself with them you would be able to understand. But even then it is only a maybe. I also noticed that my camera likes to chop off a little pit of the sides. Sorry for this too.

"Yeah man, you know to me a mountain is a Buddha. Think of the patience, hundreds of thousands of years just sittin there bein perfectly perfectly silent and like praying for all living creatures in that silence and just waitin for us to stop all our frettin and foolin."

-Jack Kerouac

A Khmer video: Here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are wondeful. Thank you for taking the time to upload them for us all to see. They do communicate a sense of place. The clouds are beautiful. I downloaded your birthday picture so I can look at you while you are away. You and your friends look wonderful...having a great time enjoying the place and the event. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Nice job with the photos. It is nice to see you smiling in the photos. You look really happy! Some of the landscape photos remind me of Brazil, including the poor shanty-towns. I am in Cincinnati but will download the pictures when I get home. Hope all is well. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

K.. tell us about the elections!